About Me

My photo
Born, and raised in Norway. Spent my childhood years way up north - of the arctic cirkle. Now, og my "older" years, I've moved down south to a better climate.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Music pt. 1

Today, we’ll talk about music.
I spent the afternoon playing my guitar, or one of them (my precious…). The target today, was one of the most ingenious albums of all time – Roger Waters “Amused to Death”. And I have to be honest, I’ can’t totally play every tone on that album. Well a lot of it I can do, but the parts played by Jeff Beck. If you didn’t know it already, Jeff Beck is a genius. And he plays the guitar like, well Mozart composed music. Perfectly. But it’s not only for the songs itself I wanna talk about this record. The lyrics man, the lyrics. Waters has put a lot of irony and sarcasm into each song. And he kicks in every direction, from the church (What God Wants pt. 1, 2 and 3) to American health(don’t)care (It’s a miracle). The other thing is the music by itself.
This album is alongside with Marillion “Misplaced Childhood”, Pink Floyd “The Wall”, Meat Loaf “Bat Out Of Hell” one of the most perfect album ever created, in my humble opinion. It’s just brilliant and perfect. The lyrics, arrangement, production, sound and overall “feeling”
Feel free to buy it from iTunes or your local record shop.
And at the end, I feel the urge to do a little commercial. As I play the guitar, I need picks. And I found the perfect place to get my picks. If you point your browser to http://www.egopicks.com Lisa can create your personal picks for you. Great service and fast production.

No comments:

Post a Comment