About Me

My photo
Born, and raised in Norway. Spent my childhood years way up north - of the arctic cirkle. Now, og my "older" years, I've moved down south to a better climate.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

War, peace, religion and stuff pt.2

Today my thought was to write nothing. Since my day didn’t include anything special. But, I need to get back to religion – hey what a surprise.
Somewhere in the bible you’ll find the story about Noah, and his magnificent boat.
Think about this for a second, please…

A ship filled with two of every kind of animal.
Two elephants, giraffes, hippos and rhinos. Just to mention a few.
Along with these, lions, pumas, tigers, lamas and a whole lot of species.
Think about the insanely size of that ship. Put “The World” along side of it, and Noah’s ark would be a lot bigger. Think about all the lumber Noah had to use to build the ship. Imagine all the trees he had to cut to make it possible, and the man hour to do all this. You get my drift here? It’s not in any way possible to build a ship that size out of wood. And it would be even more difficult to gather all the animals. How did the lamas and all the other animals from the Americas and Australia move themselves from their habitats to the Middle East? Did the swim across the Atlantic Ocean, to land in Portugal and walk all the way to the Middle East?

And, another thing…
The bible states that it rained for 40 days and 40 nights. If you told a Viking that it would rain for 40 days and 40 nights, he would probably respond; well, the summer came, and that’s it. Why is rain for 40 days and 40 nights a bad thing? I’m from northern Norway, and I’ve seen it happen more than once. And ask someone living in Bergen what the record on rainy days is. I don’t know, but I’ll bet it’s more than 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment