About Me

My photo
Born, and raised in Norway. Spent my childhood years way up north - of the arctic cirkle. Now, og my "older" years, I've moved down south to a better climate.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sports and "I"

Soccer or any sports at all.
Whenever there's a sports arrangement somewhere, a lot of folks gather round the TV sets to view.
Today the Champions League finale went down in Rome. And all over Facebook a lot of fans states the "we" won the finals. Well, apart from sitting on your ass, and maybe drinking some beers, whatta h**l did YOU do to make Barcelona win the finals? Actually, you did absolutely nothing, zip and nada. So why do you the post that we won? And I think it's the same all over the world, when a sport arrangement is due, Rose Bowl or what not's. And is it fair to say that any of the beer drinking, cheese doodle munching rednecks had any impact on the final result.

So why, and from where, is the "we" part coming? I really wanna know that one, and to able to understand it. Ok, I like sports almost as low as religion. So I cannot relate to any of that. But I really like music and computers. I'm a huge fan of AMD processors, ATI graphics, Fender and PRS guitars. Egopicks.com, Toto, Journey, AC/DC and so forth. But I will never use I/me in relation to any of their successes or failures. Even thou I can in fact participate in their success with buying their products. But, still using myself in relation is just to, pardon my french, dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment